Does the library have an instructor information page for VCSU Faculty?
115 views |
Last updated on Nov 20, 2015
Yes we do! Our Faculty & Staff Page provides access to a number of helpful services and informational pages. Use the page to find information about the following:
Instruction & Research
- Request an Information Literacy Session: We would love to come into your classroom or department meeting to showcase library resources or teach your students how to research. Please fill out the form to request an information literacy session at a time that best fits your needs!
- Reserve a Library Classroom: To reserve the Library Classroom 207, the Curriculum Library, or the Student Lounge, please fill out the brief form linked above.
- Request an Online Research Guide by Email: Library Staff have created many online research guides which are available to you and your students 24/7. Each research guide provides access to the most relevant resources in a subject area. They require no login information, and upon request, our Librarians can provide you with code to embed sections, pages, or whole guides into your Blackboard courses. We are happy to create new guides for specific research projects and courses. To view what is currently available, please visit Research Guides.
- Course Reserve Request Form: Use this online form to request that an item from our collection be placed on reserve for your course. Note that all items will be removed from reserve at the end of each semester. Click Here to see what is currently on reserve under your name. You can limit the search by Instructor or Course.
- Suggestions for Purchase: We need your input! Please suggest items for purchase for the VCSU Library collection by following the link above. The form will allow you to attach a file, or provide a link to an Amazon Wish List or another bibliography for multiple requests.
- Persistent Linking Guide: Use this page to assist you in linking to our resources in BlackBoard, Word Documents, and in your assignments. Films on Demand link issues are some of the most frequently asked questions in the Library, and a few simple steps could save your students quite a bit of troubleshooting.
- Using Library Resources in Blackboard™: A Guide for Faculty: This guide will take you through the steps for embedding Allen Memorial Library's services and resources into your Blackboard course pages.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Have a question? See if it's come up before on our FAQ page.
- Interlibrary Loan: ILL services are available to you and to your students. Due to our partnerships within the Online Dakota Information Network (ODIN), MINITEX, and throughout the world with OCLC, Allen Memorial Library can offer speedy document delivery and access to wide variety of materials owned by other institutions. Please note that your online students may need different accommodations (refer to our information page for further information).